and hello 2021, you’re certainly off to a beautiful start.
I’m going to do a fuller look at 2021 goals and 2020 closeout later this week when I celebrate my fourth running anniversary (!!) but short version is here.
I ran 790.67 miles on the year and ran/walked 2072.49. Really proud of both of those. I thought 2021’s 71 books wasn’t enough as it was far from my goal of 100, but it turns out it was an increase of two from 2019 so yay! I love Goodreads’ Year in Books feature. I’m still shooting for 80 in 2021.
Quick post here as I’m really enjoying the screen break this week has provided before the return to work tomorrow.
- as some of you know, and also may have seen on Instagram, I decided to escape the city for a little bit. Like last time I found a way that seems to have been safe. Planned missed this Monday: as a travel day and then setting in. Some walking errands to get settled but overall the start of a wonderful disconnect and much-needed screen break.
- Tuesday: four+ miles making sure the beach hadn’t run away since I was last here. I landed in a good routine of run or walk in the morning and do some pool running and aquarobics in the afternoon. Much more fun than just stretching and foam rolling.
- Wednesday: morning walk, afternoon swim, read and visit with the resident manatees. Not really resident, but resident in the inlet when the water is cold.
- Thursday: on New Years Eve, you run for Christmas trees. Or at least I do. Really I meant to see this tree on my last visit but didn’t make it, and figured this was my last chance this holiday season. I didn’t quite make sunrise which the sun reminded me is not a smart move. Definite positive splits and needing to drink a lot on the last mile, but still a fun run.
- FriYAY: hello 2021. Kicked off the year with a short/recovery fun run to the beach. Where else would I kick off the year? The clouds allowed for a pseudo sunrise, which was great since the drawbridge kept me from making it to the beach for sunrise. It was so much fun to participate in this virtual fun run that Kim organized. While we can’t run together, I feel a lot closer to distant runners and am so grateful to all of you. Afternoon featured a four mile round trip walk. What to, you ask? Dairy Queen of course. o:)
- Saturday: off, other than manatees and reading. 3 books read so far in 2020.
- Sunday: Sunday long run Day. Didn’t have a plan, and only wore the watch for distance. I just set myself on cruise control and went down a path similar to my birthday run as I knew it would give me good distance. The turnaround was a little further than I thought, so I slowed pace to a walk intervals in peak sun, and found a Walgreens to buy Propel. 8.5 felt good.
Plan for the week: mark four years running on Wednesday. With what? I have no idea. USPS making giveaways annoying so we’ll see.