turns out all the troubleshooting in the world on the comments wouldn’t have worked since it was a host setting.
I love my apartment, I love the city, but there’s just something magical about a porch to sit on. I escaped to mom & Bob’s for a day and uncovering the porch furniture is always one of my favorite projects.
It’s a little shorter than I planned (and then it was in September and December), but I love it and am so glad to be done with two tone. Now to try and avoid being an accidental blue-haired lady until I decide what I’m doing with this longer term. It probably will deliberately turn pink or purple for a window before we’re back in the office.
That was about the extent of my excitement this week. There might be some to come on Sunday as I try to make spaghetti carbonara in a cooking class, but hopefully that will be more entertainment than excitement.
- never miss a Monday: hadn’t run my river route in a couple of weeks and while I do love cherry blossoms, it was great to be out the door and running with fewer street crossings. As much as I said I needed a break after two months of Matty Peloton challenges, he’s perfect for a Monday morning when I need something upbeat.
- Tuesday: out the door for a walk as it had finally stopped raining and it’s as if Mama N turned on the photosynthesis. I swear my favorite non-pandemic upside to masks is that my spring allergies have been so much better. Still sneeze powered though.
- Wednesday: another visit to my river route but decided to head south in case I had time to go longer. In today’s “running is mental” files, it’s much easier to pass the turn off to my apartment and keep going at ~2 than at ~ 4 miles. I didn’t have time to go longer, but I did get some nice tulips on East End when I looped back home. Had plans to have dinner and a walk with a friend after work and the rain held out for both.
- Thursday: it rained. A lot. I got out for short walks before and after work and we need the rain, but rainy days mean nothing exciting happens on the fitness front.
- Friday: it was still raining but finally eased up enough to go poke around the park. This was on the south side of the Dene Slope and it was nice to run somewhere else and find new to me and purple! flowers. I love the loop, but I really love off roading.
- Saturday: I don’t run back to back days… except that’s not really true anymore. I generally don’t run the morning after an evening run, but sometimes you do. Snooze was well worth it as it had warmed into the 40s and I could lose a layer once the sun came out. Bob had a medical appointment in the city so he picked me up on the way home. We baked two kinds of cookies, I got a home cooked dinner (and a week of leftovers) and instructions on spaghetti carbonara, and it was just nice and almost normal, albeit masked. Baby steps forward.
- Sunday: a walk and the Zoom cooking class. This is going to be fun!