This is 43. Still laughing. Probably the only thing relevant from high school was my senior yearbook ambition: do what makes me happy and never stop laughing. Check! Grateful to spend it with mom & Bob in Florida. Linking up with Deborah and Kim for a look at Thanksbirthday Week.
- Sunday: there I sat, writing my review of Running While Black. Among the things I love about their condo is this indoor/outdoor space. I was on PTO for some of the week but was also working some with our upcoming gala. On tap on Sunday, Strawberry Waves Forever pedicure.
- never miss a Monday: it’s easier to get up when the beach beckons, even if sunrise is a bust. This was my Wilpers Holiday Challenge distance test, and let’s just say the Florida heat and humidity gave me room to show improvement when the challenge ends. Yay! This week was really all about the fun runs.
- Tuesday: worked much of the day, but I got outside just before sunset for this serene view over the marina. I impulse bought the Reese’s Trees for mom and I (read: Mom) to make. They were meh, but fun to make. Luckily we had no shortage of desserts so them being underwhelming wasn’t an issue.
- Wednesday: officially 43. Sunrise miles. I didn’t really have a plan but knew I’d do either 11.23 KMs or 8.6 miles (4.3 miles for my age, and another set for good luck) but wasn’t sure about the weather and / or my IT Band. Luckily it felt good and I enjoyed a subtle runrise that came in around 8.6 miles at a picture pace. Later, Mom and I went to Delray Oaks which we had been meaning to visit but always found it closed. Gorgeous Spanish moss, and two cute non human friends. Loved the grass in his mouth, like an old man with a pipe. We put a candle in cinnamon rolls and later went out to dinner. We’d been to Le Sorelle in Boca, but I hadn’t been to the one in Delray before, and it was a wonderful evening.
- Thursday: not many things born of COVID are worth keeping around, but running “together” a few times a year? Let’s do this forever in all the countries and the states. I really wanted to run in the new Brooks shirt, but it was too humid to even run outdoors so treadmill walk/run paired with bike ride it was ahead of a delicious lunch. Had my annual try of turkey (nope), but loved mom’s homemade bread and of course birthday brownie. I bought that “Slower than Gravy” shirt four years ago and still love it.
- Friday: most of my shopping was online, but I did run some errands before we finally made it to Daggerwing, another one of the nature areas on our list. Limited flutterbies, but some cute turtles. Black Friday haul: Athleta Rainier tights, Balega socks $10 at Fleet Feet and coral flip flops. Shopping for other people? Um. o:)
- Saturday: why yes, I do have Luke Bryan’s Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset in my head and now you do too. 🙂 In between my ~ five mile humid runrise and this beachfront dinner before my flight, we got the condo lobby decorated for the holidays. Where on earth has this year gone? This is about to be a crazy week for the gala, so it was great to have a week to disconnect.
Hope those of you in the US enjoyed your holiday.