Despite starting 2015 with a day of complete sloth, I’m very proud of myself.
Totals for December:
- 269,271 steps
- 110.97 miles walked
- 31.99 miles biked
Totals for Q4
- 826,110 steps
- 340.76 miles walked
- 31.99 miles biked
Totals for 2014
- 3,262,378 steps
- 1355.08 miles walked
- 200.09 miles biked
Nope, the bike didn’t get over 200 on purpose because if it had I would have gotten December (and therefore Q4) to 32. But it did start a good trend that I hope to continue and improve in 2015.
How did I do vis-a-vis my 2014 goals?
- Meet or exceed my #GoTheDist goals. Done
- Specifically, exceed my Q4 2013 GTD totals. Done
- I’m not sure LoseIt’s 147 days is realistic, but 2014 is the last year I will start overweight. Not done. But I’m in a place where I’ve set steps to make this happen for 2015 so I’m OK with this.
- Learn to cook. I’m already laughing at myself for this one, but I really wish I could. I think it would make some food choices better. This isn’t goin to happen, but as part of a general saving money effort, I’m going back to bringing lunch and may try to incorporate cooking.
- Get back to a regular gym schedule. It sounds cliche, but I feel good when I go. So I need to GO. Not done. But I’m in a place where I’ve set steps to make this happen for 2015 so I’m OK with this. See below for more detail.
- Relax. Keep doing what I did last year. It (mostly) worked and I’m on the right track. Done
So on to 2015
I’m really making it the year of me and want to be better about going to the gym. I have a new app (Runkeeper) and some non numeric goals. But I also want to keep up walking. Decisions, decisions. While rereading posts here to find some reasonable gym/biking goals (see below) I remembered mini goals help me so back to that.
Some thoughts/mini goals:
- The 3,262,378 steps is an average of nearly 275K steps per month. That’s amazing considering a few months where I really struggled. Mileage wise that works out to nearly 113 miles which is about what I figured. My personal goals were 1100 miles and 2.5m steps so I am more than thrilled with that.
- My spreadsheet was a great in motivating me to walk more. So I’m doing it again in 2015
- I want to finish C25K. I don’t think it will happen, but I want to try it again.
- I want to hit my goal weight. I’ve finally set one to make that happen. Not sure yet if I’m going to stick with LoseIt or go back to Weight Watchers. My target date is December 31, 2015 but I think I might be able to hit it sooner.
- Achievmint is great bribery.
- Speaking of bribery and money, in addition to spending money at the gym and not going, I’m missing on the gym reimbursement from work so I’m going to the gym 100x this year.
On to 2015 goals….