Merging the Weekly Run Down and Tuesday Topics this week because I never quite got enough computer time last week or over the weekend to write a post.If two linkups go walking, which one does the talking? Click To Tweet
While I can be a gadget person, I don’t think there are any on my list to try. Why? I’ve been on a bit of a gadget-ish binge of late:
- the new to me iPod touch is amazing. It’s so easy to use and running with music again has been a real pleasure. I might even put email on it!
- Compression socks/sleeves: OK maybe not a gadget, but a new-to-me-toy. I’m not sold on them for daily runs (namely because I only have one pair), but I feel like they help.
I really, really wish someone would invent defrosters for glasses. Transition lenses were one of my best running-adjacent purchases, but ugh glasses + rain are a pain in the ass.
Weekly Run Down, week of April 15 with Kim and Deborah even if I don’t actually squeeze this into the linkup. Inching into base building and off my training hiatus. Eek. Marathon beginning to feel real, but week felt strong. How do I know there’s more outdoor running? That & travel are when my Instagram really wakes up:
- Monday: off. I think. This week was so crazy I don’t actually remember what I did Monday. I got step goal and didn’t get to the gym. I passed this wonderfully ridiculous fauxpiary while out and about.
- Tuesday: gorgeous day that I got out early enough to check my stuff at the Run Center and do five Central Park miles after work. So rare on a weekday night and so magical. Peak cherry blossoms and while I did the bridle path to avoid the worst of the hills and pounding, legs felt good. Finding this kiosk branded NYRR was a nice surprise, I’ve never noticed this on the weekend.
- Wednesday: office run group day shift due to schedule. Three miles felt harder on the calf and had some annoying foot numbness, but I pushed through and made sure to do all the PT exercises after at the gym.
- Thursday: off. Book group and nowhere near step goal. I needed the day off.
- Friday: no formal exercise but lots of steps through the park and in a museum before I headed upstate after some meetings.
- Saturday: when you forget your gels, you fuel with a sugar cookie. Run was later in the day than I wanted due to a morning monsoon but still got in five miles running through my hometown. Nearly negative splits due to people I met & stopped to talk to in mile one.
- Sunday: curious if the trail was open with all the Shared Use Path construction still ongoing so I headed out for a shorter shakeout. I went as far as where it’s totally washed out/I became a real runner last summer and turned back. Legs felt good as did body in 87% humidity.
Plan for the Week:
- Monday: cross train. Legs are feeling good despite two days running in a row, but I’m not going to be stupid. Again.
- Tuesday: unsure, crazy work day with before and after work events
- Wednesday: run before work
- Thursday: office run group
- Friday: off/cross
- Saturday: TBD, based on where I am
- Sunday: team captain for office group for the 9/11 Museum 5K run/walk. More community give back than a race and the course is narrow, but it’s always a wonderful day. Anyone else running?
Do you like to give back through running?
(Non race) shirts with words, yay or nay?
Are you a gadget person?