I was so excited to be a part of this challenge when Coco floated it by us. I ended up laughing so hard when I saw my “assignment”. If you’ve been here since my first PT stint, you might recall I could not do a dead bug. I finished PT without being an insect. Nope no way, no how. Now? I love them, which is good since they’re in all the Peloton core classes. While I’m pretty sure this was a randomly generated activity, it’s just perfect. Look forward to bugging with all of you on Wednesday.
Speaking of Peloton, still on track with the #3for31 challenge and I was overall more active than last week (yay). Loving the boxing classes and a hint of work / life balance. I also had a week of pain free running even with somewhat ramped up mileage. Baby steps.
Weekly Run Down with Deborah and Kim:
- never miss a Monday: four miles, in shorts. Hi drunk mother nature. Finally made myself run past the spot on 103, which was challenging but it needed to happen. This was the first time I tried Skirt Sports’ Go Longer shorts. I’m really not a shorts runner and not sure I love the idea of only a key pocket, but I loved the pattern and they were super cheap on the logo close out sale so no harm, no foul. Also on the agenda, a haircut. Weirdest was a business lunch meeting. Outdoors, of course, but nice taste of normal.
- Tuesday: thanks, sunset, for coming to me. Long work day, but more motion than last week’s 155 steps so… Progress.
- Wednesday: run commute to work. Post-work drinks so couldn’t run home after, but I did get in a walk at lunch en route to a meeting. Commute form was better, although minor chafing from backpack pulling up my shirt.
- Thursday: office run group returns. Full dark and guess whose head lamp wasn’t charged. Oops. Luckily the park was well lit and I had my vest for crossing bike traffic. Good chance to wear my Reflective Ghosts, which are fun. Also fun but not pictured, these hot pink Brooks gloved which I ordered as soon as Deborah posted about them. Bonus? They’re magnetic which should mean I’m less likely to lose one. Yes, this week featured shorts/skirt (twice) and hat and gloves. That’s December in a nutshell, although the shorts are definitely the outlier.
- Friday: breakfast meetings in Times Square mean a walk home via Rock Center. In some ways these trees are even more fun than the big kahuna. I especially loved these with the late-falling real tree across Fifth Avenue.
- Saturday: speaking of trees! Was enjoying a pain free week and didn’t really want to push it back to 9-10 mile run. Used that as an excuse to go out later than planned, but the up side was a twilight run around Harlem Meer which is partially open despite the construction. In Skirt and tee because it was 60! Came in about seven miles, which was just fine. Had the chance to do a nice endurance Peloton workout which was nice chance to get pace work inside a long run, which I’ve never done before. Would have been more productive if I wasn’t distracted by waterfalls and trees, but runs should be fun overall. Capped the evening with our building’s progressive/hallway & landing holiday party. Safe, spaced and nice to meet some neighbors.
- Sunday: errands. Cleaning ahead of the cleaning lady.
I’ve been loving all your NYC photos lately! The weather has been crazy here too. We’re warming back up again…
Have a great week!
I do love the magnetic gloves too and they are a great weight for this time of the year. NYC looks gorgeous during the holidays thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos. Have a great week
Looks like a great week, Cari! We have temps in the 70’s forecast for Wednesday!!!!! I may be in shorts AND a tank for my run, LOL
A little envious of the runs in shorts & skirts! We randomly got warmer, but not that warm — not for me, not on the days I could run.
Pain free running is always the best! Congrats!
Glad you could see to run without your headlamp. There aren’t a lot of lit places here!
Yes, runs should be fun overall! Sounds like you have lots of beautiful scenery right now.
I hate to say it but I wish you guys would stop having such warm weather up there! Our weather is in the 80s and it feels like summer. I’d like a bit of a cooldown for Christmas if possible!
A friend who is relatively near ish you/Mom & Bob was saying it was too hot to take his dog to the dog park. Crazy this late. At least I’m not missing manatees on the intracoastal.
We can twin on Wed’s outfit. I made the mistaking of racing in that style. No bueno.
Love the NYC pix…so sad to miss it this year.
Crazy weather here too. Sat night I was roasting and then Sunday I was cold.
I’m glad that UAlbany is always lit and now the park with lights… otherwise many streets in town have lights. But working from home often lets me squeeze in a run before work or at lunch…a short one!!
I’m loving OC by the way… glad I got back into it!
Oh those capris don’t fit you either? Was going to regift them to you as they’re not at all a small.
So glad you’re back into OC too. Fun to have chat partners.
my capris don’t stay up!! Very annoying. But maybe because I had my phone in the pocket?
Clearly something wrong with the model.There are three of us with the same issue. Different sizes and shapes.
You know, I’d never heard of dead bugs until you posted about them, and never did them until Peloton, so I do think of you when I’m doing them. 😉
Loving your NYC photos!
I am the Dead Bug ambassador! Unfortunately all I’d get in return is more critters 😀
I like to think they’re helping keep the various niggles at bay
Oh, on Friday I went out in the dark with an undercharged chest light! So it was obviously the week for it!
the electronics are conspiring!
Your “drunk mother nature” comment cracked me up – so fitting!
Funny enough I had never heard of dead bugs until I started PT.
I like the idea of magnetic gloves – it would either help me to keep from losing one all of the time or I might just lose them both LOL!
oh yes, I fully expect to lose both, like I did with the pair of gloves I bought last year. Either that or they came back as a hat, because I have way more of those than I thought.
She’s drunk or into the wacky weed
My husband and I have gloves with magnets in them and I often have to track them down. They get stuck in our clothes chute on the way to the laundry, and then often stuck in the washer too if I don’t look close enough. They are mischievous 😂 I’ve been enjoying your pictures of NYC and the office group run sounds fun. Sadly, I don’t think I can do dead bugs now due to my “slightly still sore” sports hernia!