I was so excited to be a part of this challenge when Coco floated it by us. I ended up laughing so hard when I saw my “assignment”. If you’ve been here since my first PT stint, you might recall I could not do a dead bug. I finished PT without being an insect. Nope no way, no how. Now? I love them, which is good since they’re in all the Peloton core classes. While I’m pretty sure this was a randomly generated activity, it’s just perfect. Look forward to bugging with all of you on Wednesday.
Speaking of Peloton, still on track with the #3for31 challenge and I was overall more active than last week (yay). Loving the boxing classes and a hint of work / life balance. I also had a week of pain free running even with somewhat ramped up mileage. Baby steps.
- never miss a Monday: four miles, in shorts. Hi drunk mother nature. Finally made myself run past the spot on 103, which was challenging but it needed to happen. This was the first time I tried Skirt Sports’ Go Longer shorts. I’m really not a shorts runner and not sure I love the idea of only a key pocket, but I loved the pattern and they were super cheap on the logo close out sale so no harm, no foul. Also on the agenda, a haircut. Weirdest was a business lunch meeting. Outdoors, of course, but nice taste of normal.
- Tuesday: thanks, sunset, for coming to me. Long work day, but more motion than last week’s 155 steps so… Progress.
- Wednesday: run commute to work. Post-work drinks so couldn’t run home after, but I did get in a walk at lunch en route to a meeting. Commute form was better, although minor chafing from backpack pulling up my shirt.
- Thursday: office run group returns. Full dark and guess whose head lamp wasn’t charged. Oops. Luckily the park was well lit and I had my vest for crossing bike traffic. Good chance to wear my Reflective Ghosts, which are fun. Also fun but not pictured, these hot pink Brooks gloved which I ordered as soon as Deborah posted about them. Bonus? They’re magnetic which should mean I’m less likely to lose one. Yes, this week featured shorts/skirt (twice) and hat and gloves. That’s December in a nutshell, although the shorts are definitely the outlier.
- Friday: breakfast meetings in Times Square mean a walk home via Rock Center. In some ways these trees are even more fun than the big kahuna. I especially loved these with the late-falling real tree across Fifth Avenue.
- Saturday: speaking of trees! Was enjoying a pain free week and didn’t really want to push it back to 9-10 mile run. Used that as an excuse to go out later than planned, but the up side was a twilight run around Harlem Meer which is partially open despite the construction. In Skirt and tee because it was 60! Came in about seven miles, which was just fine. Had the chance to do a nice endurance Peloton workout which was nice chance to get pace work inside a long run, which I’ve never done before. Would have been more productive if I wasn’t distracted by waterfalls and trees, but runs should be fun overall. Capped the evening with our building’s progressive/hallway & landing holiday party. Safe, spaced and nice to meet some neighbors.
- Sunday: errands. Cleaning ahead of the cleaning lady.