- never miss a Monday: I don’t know what it is, but I’m having real trouble getting going in the morning even when I’m awake in plenty of time to run before work, even if I’m in the office. It was drizzling, but that was an excuse not a reason. So after a semi productive day (hi, streaming Boston), I ran home. Usual blossom pace, but it was done.
- Tuesday: worked from home. I’ve been on a bit of a shopping spree of late and needed to do the spring cleaning counter balance. I changed over my closets, bought more hangers and filled a donation bag. I don’t find that as much of a relief as throwing things out since it takes me too long to get the bag out of the apartment. I’m usually very good about evaluating the clothes whose hangers I haven’t turned (to indicate wearing), but it’s still so hard in hybrid environment, so I probably (definitely) kept too many.
- Wacky Wednesday: so many meetings. Turned the last one into a lap of the park (love running colleagues) and then met Darlene for a meander. Luckily neither of us felt much like running more than we already had, so a cookie walk it was.
- Thursday: typically when we host a FAM (familiarization) trip, it’s with our international offices or their trade & media partners. Starting last summer we did some domestic ones with our travel trade team, tour operators, etc. and I joined the Queens one in the late afternoon for a tour of Louis Armstrong’s House, a sneak peek at the new Archives and a rooftop reception. Yes, the sneak peek merited my first ever Instagram story! Long, but wonderful day.
- Friday: I don’t run on Fridays, except when I do. Wanted to get to the West Side Community Garden before the much needed rain drowned the flowers. They were absolutely gorgeous and it ended up as my long-ish run, which was good as I wasn’t sure what the weekend held.
- Saturday: off. Dinner with friends. Otherwise didn’t leave the apartment.
- Sunday: runners not running on cheer & dry clothes provider duty. They changed the course from last year, but cheering at Grand Army Plaza made it easy to see our runners on multiple occasions and it was a fairly quick walk to the reunion area. Not running this was the right decision. I knew that anyway, but it was reinforced by zero FOMO as friends went to the expo. It stopped raining for some brunch mischief, and I’m now charging my phone and watch before going for a run.
Running Sunday evening means I’m not running Monday morning, and I have an in person in Queens at 9:30 on Tuesday. Ooops. I’ll figure it out, but I’m appreciating that 10K training is a little less intense and I can move things around more easily.