and not just because Darlene and Deborah were in town and then I got out of town for a few days. Lots of walking this week to go with the runs which meant hip stayed nice and loose. Win win.
Quick Weekly Run Down with Deborah and Kim:
- never miss a Monday: and I’m not going to miss these humid swamp runs. Tried to see the up side and then capped off the day with dinner with Darlene and Elizabeth and a walk home via the ferris wheel and a new to me park.
- Tuesday: knew it would be a long work day, so glad to get in a four mile walk before work.
- Wednesday: Ida came to town. Luckily not until after Deborah and I talked non stop over lunch. Although I didn’t make it back from my run on time, I was in before it got dangerous. Nearly 9 inches fell in Manhattan, shattering records-again. Grateful to have been safe, many others in the tri-state area, as well as Louisiana and Mississippi weren’t so lucky.
- Thursday: office run group on hiatus due to schedule and I was off so squeezed in a midday Ida exploration while waiting to see if the trains would be running out of the city. They weren’t, so I enjoyed sunset on the Hudson. Actually needed a light jacket when the sun went down!
- Friday-Sunday: trains were sort of running, so I made it to mom’s and got the car. My plans were in a constant flux due to Delta, then Ida, but I was so grateful to get into the Hudson Valley and out of the city for the weekend. Want to do more on the Hudson Valley Rail Trails, but in the interim: gorgeous ten miles on the Wallkill Rail Trail with perfect temperatures, back roads forever, and is there anything better than “vacation” sunsets?
More when I”m home. Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend.
How fun that you and Deborah got to meet up! Looks like you had decent weather, aside from Ida. Ugh. Enjoy your time in the country. Looks lovely!
It really was magical to get out of town for a few days. Necessary too
I am so glad we had a chance to chat and catch up! Looks like a nice relaxing weekend for you with beautiful weather. Hope to see you again soon!
Yes! We live too close for it to be this long between lunches when covid isn’t a thing!
LOL, I usually take the vacation sunrises over the sunsets. 🙂 We are lucky, we do get to see both the sunrise & sunset from our house, just not much foreground really.
Glad you were able to enjoy a getaway. And meet up with friends!
I’m way more of a sunrise person too, but something about these earlier evening sunsets
No good sunsets from my apartment, but CP is a quick walk
You had some nice get-togethers with friends 😉 So much rain from Ida; hope things dry up. Glad you were safe.
You came up in both — hope we can meet sometime soon <3
Friend meetups are the best. Glad you were spared from Ida and able to leave town.
Yes vacation sunrises and sunsets are the best.
You are reminding me to head back south to the Catskills. There are some amazing trails there.
Yes! One day I want to do all of the Hudson Valley rail trails. Some water towers for you too!
What a great mix of city fun and country fun this week! Seeing Darlene and Deborah! REally love your matching pink. Love those trails too.
that pink was such a fun accident. Great minds do indeed think alike
Ah meet-ups with friends are the best! I’ve enjoyed your photos of the Valley. Enjoy the rest of your getaway!
Thank you! They really are. Hope we can meet up sometime soon. You’re so close!
How lovely that you were able to connect with Deborah!
Glad you were safe from Ida. So devastating and sad for so many people.
Enjoy your weekend away.
Frightening how bad this weather has been and will continue to be
So glad that you were able to meet up with blogger friends this past week!
The “leftovers” from Ida really shocked me. I really didn’t think that it was going to be that bad but all the photos of flooding and damage were devestating! So glad that you were safe!
same. I think we both expected Henri to be much worse since Ida snuck up. Even on Wednesday it didn’t look like it was going to be that bad.
Hope we can meet sometime soon
Crazy times in NYC! Glad the crazy weather didn’t affect you. And glad you were able to get out of town- enjoy your vacation!
thank you! Getaways are much needed
Yay for meet-ups, and lovely sunset photo.
I’m glad you got your visit with Deborah in before Ida made her appearance. I cannot believe how much rain fell there! Yikes! So devastating. How nice to get out of town. The trails look amazing. Glad you enjoyed!
me too. Outdoor eating was covered but nothing would have sheltered us sufficiently from Ida!
So glad you were able to get up to your mom’s, even with the aftermath of Ida. What an awful mess that storm made of things. Ugh.
Love that you got to see Darlene and Deborah. What a great time!
yes. Was very lucky all around <3