I’ve been thinking about this for a few weeks due to end / start of year travel and I’ve come to the conclusion I have more non-spreadsheet goals than spreadsheet goals. And yes, still over thinking both. Prior year goals: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 (revised). Yep that’s three complete #GoTheDist years, it was 2012 I quit halfway out of frustration. Other key dates: Feb 2014, team Fitbit, I’m on my 3rd model since then and about 10th device!
- 3,800,000 steps. That’s 900K apiece in Q1 and Q4 and a million apiece in Qs 2 and 3. No long train trips planned this year. I really want to hit 4m again and that’s in my spread sheets, but I don’t think it’s doable. I don’t want to fail, so that’s the stretch goal.
- 500 miles biked. I improved a lot from 2015 to 2016 and want to build on that. I’m off to a good start so far and think I can do this.
Because writing things down helps with accountability. I started 2017 weighing less than 2016 so that’s a win in my book. More to work on.
- Continue 12 month streak of months with 300,000 steps, This started by the skin of my teeth and was followed by some strong months.
- My month high is 394K, a press walk and two days walking around DC fed that. I’d like to try for a 400K month and I think May is my best chance as I want to do the Saunter again. May 2015 total was 359K although I’ve gotten stronger with general steps, which might make this doable.
- Even out gym visits, I start strong and get 50 visits in the first half of the year and then fizzle. There’s no reason it can’t be more even. I think that will also help with the below when I won’t be able to walk home.
- Fewer days below goal than in 2016. I think I’m going to do that on an annual basis to even it out and month by month, but not positive. Here are those 2016 totals with some commentary for tracking / planning. Total for 2016 was 93 days, about 25% of the year. I feel like this is doable even with a shaky start due to some travel.
- January: 15
- February 6 (will be a challenge due to travel)
- March 4 (not going to happen due to work)
- April 5
- May 8 (was injured)
- June 2 (wow!)
- July 7
- August 9
- September 5
- October 10 (travel)
- November 10 (holidays, weather)
- December 12 (holidays, weather, work)
Reading goals and challenges are here.
Here’s to 2017