Wow, just wow. I didn’t finish the A-Z challenge but that’s mostly a product of not wanting to read what I’m told to read so 2016TBRPile challenge it is. While I hope to read more, my goal is 75 due to a lack of series to binge on. I do want to read a better cross section of fiction and non and am happy that of the two books I’ve read so far, it’s one apiece
Some thoughts on 2015 reads:
- I really was all over the map: from Tess Gerritsen, Mary Higgins Clark and Nevada Barr to non fiction on making of sushi, people who never lived and a number of sports books. I really do like to read most anything with words.
- I wanted to do a genre breakdown like I did last year, but with 102 books it’s just too long. Maybe I’ll try to go as I go along this year.
- Kindle Unlimited is awesome. So many new to me titles and authors
- My unfinished tell me more about my reading interests than those I finished. While a friend referred to those as books I’m “saving for later”, I really don’t think so. They’re just either not my personal interest or so poorly written. The few that I think I might return to – usually a case of running out of time before the library hold ran out:
- Among the Truthers – Jonathan Kay
- The Colossus of New York – Colson Whitehead
- Hungry Monkey – Matthew Amster-Burton
- Moby Duck – Donovan Hohn
- The Tastemakers – David Sax
Maybe ones for the 2016 challenge? I did just join this challenge to go with the TBR one: