I am a fun socks person, so that’s a given from Santa (and the ish part of running-ish) so they were a nice complement to running socks, an Angelrox band and a SlapLit bracelet. I can’t be the only 80s child who adores these for nostalgia, can I?
Coffee is kind of like a running gift, right? Santa good to everyone?
- Monday: got in a quick couple of miles between work and heading out of town for Christmas Eve dinner.
- Tuesday: off, prepping for dinner for 21. We’re not a religious family, but Christmas dinner/giftmas is A Thing. I got in some minimal steps going up and down the stairs and chasing my niece and nephew, but no real exercise.
- Wednesday: I woke up with enough time to run which was good because mom made baked french toast and I needed some exercise to undo with that amazing and worth every bite breakfast. My knee was a little tender after Monday’s run, but glad to see it wasn’t an issue Wednesday.
- Thursday: a much needed lazy day. When I finally went out, I was rewarded with a beautiful reflected sunset. I decided to wrap my knee as it felt tender, but luckily wasn’t an issue while running. I decided to be smart and call it a run before the ferry stairs as that seemed to be pressing things a bit much. I have enough stairs in my apartment, TYVM. Love running outdoors in December.
- Friday: late start, so cross train plan turned into gym stretch and roll.
- Saturday: finally, my beloved Rockland Lake which I hadn’t run properly since last November. Just as beautiful even with the leaves off. Plan was 1-3 laps depending on how knee/achilles felt. End result was two, for ~10K. Felt good and stretched hard after.
- Sunday: off. Wedding-ing. Barely any steps.
Spring 2019 Half Marathon Training Mileage: 61.37
Plan for the week:
- Monday: Mom miles?
- Tuesday: midnight run or other run
- Wednesday: back to work. Cross train or off?
- Thursday: office run group
- Friday: run or off
- Saturday: off, Albany
- Sunday: long run to celebrate my two-year running anniversary