A wardrobe miracle happened this week (no, not that I matched, although that did happen too!) I found a pair of pants that fit at the ankle. Of course they were actually meant to be capris, but that’s the story of my life. These kept me warm enough on a chilly day that I hope I have a “tights” solution for next winter. Pocketopia, I think I love you!
- Monday: chasing an earworm is #nevermissamonday, right? I was at a coffee meeting and Maren Morris’ The Middle was on and in my head for an hour. Ooph. Somehow segued into Stay Alive from Hamilton. I love it and it is on my playlist, but I hadn’t had that on since Tuesday? No idea.
- Tuesday: been a while since I did a double workout. Plan was to run 2-3 miles before a morning meeting that featured an awesome cycling exhibit, but the snooze button won and only ~ mile and a half happened. After work I went back to the gym for the 1.5 mile balance and a decent progression: 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 and 6.0 to close. It felt good.
- Wednesday: hopefully penultimate PT. As I said to Greg when I left, I’ll miss seeing him but I won’t miss needing to see him. While the hip is still an issue and I still lack in core strength, I understand what I need to do to keep the Achilles issue from recurring, I think/hope. He’s come to the conclusion I arrived at early — dead bug isn’t happening but I did the leg part. That coupled with planks and side planks left me with abs DOMS of doom until Saturday! Surprisingly, the weighted squats didn’t bother my knee or hip.
- Thursday: expo visit 1 in between meetings. More to come on that in race recap, but I did score this awesome, soft shirt to wear after the race. Never did figure out something green to wear Sunday. Oh well. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I wanted one last run in before the Half despite office run group being a schedule casualty. So I stored my stuff at the Run Center (also host to an adorable Rising NYRR/Team for Kids event) and hit Central Park. Wanted to do more than the standard ~5K loop and wasn’t confident in the state of the potholed reservoir so I ran the “wrong” way around the loop, crossing over at 102nd. This had the added benefit of avoiding going up Cat HIll. There was a gorgeous sunset, but alas my phone was in the RunCenter as it would have died anyway due to 9% The Achilles felt OK on the West Side rollers and just tender after. I iced it and took Advil, but it was OK by morning. Because I haven’t run at volume, my knees were sore on stairs Friday morning but otherwise OK. I’m confident I will finish Sunday.
- Friday: volunteering at the Expo. More on that next week, but I really loved the free volunteer shirt. It’s a light tech and will be perfect for summer running. Quick gym stretch and roll after before walking home (70 degrees!) via a pedi.since my nails were too long to make it through the Half. #FirstWorldGirlyProblems
- Saturday: errands, Expo with Darlene when she got into town. Try to tamp down the evening impostor syndrome butterflies with some avocado toast.
- Sunday: race day!
Depending on post-race plans, this may post before I get home. I’ll update it ASAP, but I’ll likely tweet first.Done! Relatively pain free and definitely happy. More to come Tuesday. ETA: Recap is posted.
Plans for the week: active recovery during crazy busy work week.