also, this was absolutely spot on for this week’s weather.
I blinked and missed July. Wasn’t it just July 4th? Not complaining at all as I’m eager for fall weather, but hello time warp. A fast July brought me closer to vacation, which is always a good thing. It’s going to be a laptop free vacation, so there will be photos but no posts because someone still hasn’t spent time figuring out how to blog from her phone. No idea who that might be 😀
Linking up with Kim and Deborah, who I was lucky to spend in-person time with this week.
It’s Allon o’clock! Was grateful of course for @danielsilvabook’s words during Covid but so grateful to be back in person to hear him speak about Allon’s adventures. pic.twitter.com/C1sbB5Kf7q
— travellingcari (@travellingcari) July 18, 2022
- never miss a Monday: the only reasonable weather day of the bunch, and I got to play in puddles during a rain run. And then the day got even better with an in person book event. It’s no secret that I love Daniel Silva and his annual release party is one of my favorite events. NYC is the first stop on the tour which means we get copies a few hours before it’s officially released and he’s a great conversation. This year he was interviewed by a fellow art nerd and it was one of my favorite events, but yes the two-year absence made it even more amazing. And then he RTed me! It was a very good night and now I’m trying to make the book last without much success. I was ecstatic to get home and find that my super had installed my air conditioner. Yes, I made it this long without it this summer. No, I haven’t turned it off (while home) since.
- Tuesday-I melted. I don’t remember much else because I didn’t run and the only thing on my camera roll was a freestyle soda machine. Don’t we all have those days?
- Wednesday: luckily it was much more memorable, and fun! Any day that includes runrise, a museum exhibit and drinks with a friend is the best kind of day in my book. The exhibit is really amazing, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who is going to be in/near the city for the rest of this year.
- Thursday: Yay! Loved showing Deborah around Central Park. Sprinklers and a wonderful chat make the melty miles go so much faster. It was another all around good day as the Met Museum hosted a reception to celebrate the city budget’s investment in the cultural organizations and we took one of the organizers out for drinks after. Rose and guacamole = summer, right? You know it was hot as I took no photos. Well, one, but it was a blurry mess.
- Friday-Saturday: I had a million errands and sometimes it’s easier with a car. Instead of the original plan of going to an outlet mall north of the city, which made me hot and tired just contemplating all the travel steps when it was 95+, I took the train to mom’s. She’s the shopper in our family and I knew she’d love having an excuse to shop. But first, there was a gorgeous runrise. I was very glad I’d covered eight miles on the way to and with Deborah on Thursday as that was on the plan for Saturday and I knew when I woke to 71 and 90% humidity that it wasn’t happening. Interestingly, the Rogue Running episode I was listening to talked about both running in the heat and positive self-talk. Given the weather, I don’t think any mantra would have found another mile as I ended up coming in just under seven. Fine with that. Summer running is not about perfection. PS: You know it’s hot if I’m home and there’s no porch pic. I went into the air con after my run and nope nope nope. The other benefit of errands with a car is air conditioned car->store->car and repeat.
- Sunday: It’s too hot to move. Or breathe. I will get some packing errands done eventually. It being too hot to even sit by the river makes it easier to ration the Daniel Silva book so upside.
Oh dear that is hot – take care! And good luck with the continued book rationing …
Yes I must see that exhibit!!! I need to plan a Monday in the city.
And it is hot hot. Luckily I’m under a tree and there is a beautiful breeze from the lake.
Enjoy your trip. Can’t wait for the pix.
Thanks again for the book as well-just started it! Loved loved hanging with you and that was my best central park run even in the heat. Can’t wait until the next one!
Love the Little Miss Sunrise Runner meme. I saw so many fun “Little Miss’ memes this week!
So fun that you were able to meet up with Deborah for drinks and a run in Central Park.
Glad you got to have fun with Deborah! I’m jealous of the fabulous tour 😉
I think I said it on her IG, but I can’t wait for you to be able to join us. We’d have so much fun.
How fun to see Deborah! Your photos look so pretty even if it’s hot.
Very cool on the book event. I need to get some books lined up for my flight to CO. Frontier means no we fi = no working on the plane. 😀
Not sure whether my airline has wifi, but I am not taking my laptop. Kind of looking forward to the disconnect, and the nap if this week is any indication. I’m reading trash besides Silva.
I am so SO grateful I do not have mega miles that I HAVE to run for a marathon. I’m so over soldiering through oppressive heat. How fun to have a wine and run date with DB! Love the sunflowers. None here quite yet.
I’ve never read any Daniel Silva but now I’m intrigued- the one you’re reading is obviously very good!
In spite of the heat it sounds like a fun week. You got some good runs in and got to run with Deborah! And yes- July really sped by. It did seem like the 4th was yesterday.
I love that you recruit your mom for shopping errands. I use mine for laundry endeavors. It works.
Sorry it’s so hot. Hopefully it will ease up soon. We could all use a break.
Oh guilty of laundry too, but it was too hot to haul a full bag up. Some clothes I’ll buy knowing they can only be washed there
And yes we do for many reasons. Hugs
So glad that you got to run with Deborarh! I get my chance next month at Run Happy camp. Should be run.
I feel like June took forever but July has flown by!
I know it’s a typo, but I’m sure you’ll have a RUN time as well as a FUN one 😀
Same. May/JUne were in March 360th territory
How fabulous to hang with Deborah over wine and on a run! Enjoy your upcoming vacation!
Awesome week Cari. You’re a great tour guide! And a connector- thanks for the intros to your friends!
It was brutal last weekend (my sister was in the city visiting her kids). It was plenty brutal where I was, so much further north!
Everyone in my family is a shopper .. . . including the males. The family I was born into, not my husband! Except online.
Looks like you & Deborah had a great time.