so about those February goals:
- 300,000 steps
- 50 miles biked
- Graduate C25K
Going to be harder with one less day than last year and a travel day or two, but I think this is doable. Feb 2016 total was 313, 153. I’m OK with a stretch goal of 305,000.
Yeah, obliterated. Thanks, Amsterdam. Final totals:
- 356,898 steps walked
- 152.88 miles walked (so b0rked with running stride)
- 33.07 miles biked
- 25.33 miles ran (new one, not really a goal but for tracking)
Yep, that topped even my “insane stretch goal”, which was 350K. I really thought I’d land somewhere between 345 and 350K. I’m not worried about the bike mileage as I’m maintaining my gym visits. Running wasn’t a thing when I set that number.
So what does this mean? I’m taking a run at my Q1 2016 goal. Probably impossible, but worth a try.
2017 year to date:
- 658,168 steps
- 280.04 miles
2016 through February:
- 614, 848 steps
- 253.04 miles walked
Why is this still a challenge when I’m so far up, step wise? Because March 2016 was an insane 394,098 steps. That’s not going to happen again because I won’t have two days walking around DC and might not have the two walking work events. I may still have some mild weather though, and running is helping with a higher step count overall.
- Q1 super stretch goal: 1,008,946 (needs 350,778 steps)
- Q1 stretch goal: 975,000 (needs 316,832 steps)
- Q1 acceptable goal: 958,168 (needs bare minimum 300,000 steps)
- March super stretch goal, 365,682. 2015 March goal. Yeah, I need to find a way to do two walking work events.
- Reference point, Q1 2015 was 927,589 (needs 269,421 steps)
I think those are good goals to work with since topping March is off the table. Since I signed up for the Great Saunter again I’ll have the chance to get ahead of 2016 in May, but want to get ahead early if I can.
Fitting that I have three goals because March last year was the first month where my spreadsheet went insane with goals:
Speaking of getting ahead, on the days below goal front:
- February 2016 – 6 days
- February 2017 – 7 days. Definitely two “oh fuck it” days.
Still ahead 3 year on year. March had only four and I’m not sure that’s doable, but we’ll see.
Picked up some this month with shorter books and travel time so I’m at 13/91. 14% and one book ahead of schedule. Challenges wise that’s:
If I have to revise those goals down due to running, I’ll think about it, but I really just need to make more reading time