While those of you I text with know I’m fluent in Bitmoji, I never figured out how to post one here. I think this is courtesy of my new computer having functional Air Drop. On mornings that I don’t run, I try to walk to some degree, usually to get coffee. Tuesday’s was a quick pop over to the Met while texting with a friend in London. Time zones make it work, and we got to talking about Wicked. Can you talk about show tunes with humming? I think that would be illegal.
I love my patterns, and if I can avoid solid masks? Even better. I’m most definitely amassing quite the collection, although the non running ones are much more fun. And the new Zooma hoodies are perfect for fall evenings. Nothing particularly exciting about this week and that’s A-OK.
Where did September go? I feel like it was just Labor Day, or really July 4th. Another 90 mile running month. Took two days off at one point due to life, but happy with continued pain free running even after a near spill this week walking. Prehab is good.
- 398,745 steps
- 180.55 miles run/walked
- 90.24 miles run
Didn’t chase steps this month and took some true off days in the same of self care. But I won’t lie, so close to 400K again stings.
- 3,561,759 steps
- 1570.62 miles run/walked
- 533.13 miles run
I never set any goals due to injury and given I took a subsequent month nearly off? That’s AOK. No rules this year. Also not knocking myself for a September with one book read. It happens. The world is upside down and you can’t force it.
- never miss a Monday: gloopy tail end of summer. 70 and 90% humidity. The run happened, that is all.
- Tuesday: morning walk and a long day of meetings
- Wednesday: plan was morning run but I woke to a windy soaker, which also woke me up a few times during the night. I went back to sleep but was rewarded with a gorgeous sunset when I set out after work.
- Thursday: office run group, flower edition. Love this whole campaign, but this sign especially.
- Friday: how do you get to Tribeca when you’re not taking the subway? Ferry and a lovely walk through Lower Manhattan via the Ghostbusters firehouse. Moscow Mule & Peanut Butter Pie. Tracked and moved on.
- Saturday: somehow Elizabeth and I hadn’t seen each other in person since September 13! We got in all our fix Saturday with five miles of her ten mile route, with me joining her at my corner. Eight was great on a beautiful fall day, and we met up again later to eat our weight in sushi. So good. Life is better with friends, which was most definitely a theme for the week. Three days in a row with people was … needed.
- lazy Sunday: off, but I’ll go for a walk.