In case you missed it, my marathon length race recap. I’m still walking on air and part of me can’t believe the marathon is over.
No, I’m not jumping into another one. I’m looking forward to properly training for Fort Lauderdale and Bermuda (and maybe Lebow, since I just can’t quit Fred). I’m starting to think about the rest of 2020 and what that might look like racing wise. For 2019, I have God’s Love We Deliver on November 24 thanks to some last minute bibs, my beloved Ted Corbitt on December 7 and maybe a Florida race if stars align.
Along with the post-marathon euphoria, some of the shopping has continued. I knew I needed some gear for running in the dark and NoxGear’s Daylight Savings sale meant I wasn’t going to wait for Black Friday to finally get the vest I’ve lusted over as I’ve seen runners with it in Central Park. It looks so Batteries Not Included. More fun after dark tips from Angela here.
- never miss a Monday: there was no running, of course. Lots of recovery walking, two Normatec sessions and some foam rolling and light yoga. Finally got the long overdue cut & color
- Tuesday: back to work. Long foam rolling session on my knotty calves and some light yoga. Iced the achilles when I got home.
- Wednesday: post-marathon celebration with Rogue One, as Chris from Rogue dubbed us. What an amazing night to celebrate Berlin, Marine Corps and NYC runners. I really, really love this group.
- Thursday: I felt like running. Nothing fancy or fast, just an overcast runrise on the East River. So easy to just step out my door and go. 2.62 miles. All felt good after, with minor chirping from my right Achilles. Was a great chance to wear Watch Me Go for a run. It’s definitely warmer than Cool It, but is perfect for these weird temperatures. I am obviously a fan of the Dunkin’ NYC Marathon hat.
- Friday: rarely ran two days in a row during training, definitely not about to now. Headed upstate after work to celebrate mom’s birthday.
- Saturday: ahh, not needing to pop out of bed like a toaster at 5:30. Especially when it’s 32F.
- Sunday: sunny, beautiful & still chilly day. Trail running perfection. Took me a while to get loose but once I did I could have run forever. Had chance to run in hat & windbreaker at top, perfect for the temperatures.
Total for the week:
- 35.39, Sunday to Sunday and obviously including the marathon
Plan for the Week:
still playing it by ear, or feel really.
- Monday: run?
- Tuesday: cross/yoga/PT
- Wednesday: I’m paid up for Rogue through 11/23 so may run with them although I won’t do a workout
- Thursday: off?
- Friday: off/cross
- Saturday: run?
- 530,647 steps
- 243.02 miles run/walked
- 97.3 miles run
Marathon training: when a 500K step goal became normal. I need to get back in the habit of hitting my step goal on non running days later this month. Winter is always hard. Gym visits: 9. 20 for September – February cycle.
GoTheDist Year to Date:
- 5,079, 285 steps
- 2,272.98 miles run/walked
- 748.35 miles run.
Officially surpassed 2018’s running mileage.