and the week is a blur… Oops.
All fine, I just have almost no recollection of my runs or anything else.
Happy Passover and Happy early Easter to those who celebrate either. Hope you’re able to have healthy & safe holidays in these weird but improving times.
Despite saying I was only committed to Matty’s March Maggic challenge through quarantine, I finished it on Saturday. There was some modifying happening this week but it is done and I feel great about that. I’m taking a long overdue break from daily Matty and tackling the non-Becs Strength for Runners classes next.
This was a very podcast and accidentally very Ali week with:
- Marathon Training Academy’s Choose to Get Stronger– high hopes for this one but it was very superficial.
- GoAskAli What Makes a Marriage Last with Marlo Thomas. Don’t worry, I’m in absolutely no danger of getting married.
- Ali on the Run with Matty-I had to. Also really enjoyed hers with Olivia Amato.
Still have Morning Shakeout with Shalane Flanagan in my queue.
March was a good month. For the first time in a year, I’ll beat my step total from the prior year and will probably end with about 90 miles running. I stopped chasing steps, but it’s nice to see that happen with a more active than normal month. Thanks, Spring!
- never miss a Monday: a gorgeous morning run where even the sun was struggling to come out of the fog. Enjoyed evening daylight for a read by the river.
- Tuesday: one of those becoming less unusual after work runs. While the new anti fog lenses are great, glasses are still often a headband.
- Wednesday: rain started midday, approximately when I was zipping out to the library to pick up Barack & Joe, for which I’d been on the wait list since November 7! Otherwise nothing exciting beyond a short morning walk. Tired this week and decided to prioritize sleep.
- Thursday: long overdue return of the office run group with a side of Cat Hill on a day mild enough to wear a skirt! The start of three consecutive days of human interaction was so overdue.
- Friday: hi summer! 81 degrees in March. Perfect weather for a long walk hunting down copies of SVU magazines (welcome home Elliot Stabler!) and sitting by the river with a friend. Daffodils have been daffy-fodils since I was a kid. We’re having spring in fast forward this week and it’s a little weird.
- Saturday: spring came back and we had an absolutely gorgeous 11 mile run/walk in Central Park where I got to introduce two of my favorite local running friends. And yes, the pig tails are back as my hair is long enough to fall in my face, but not long enough for a pony tail. Aggressive non-matching continues thanks to the new Brooks and one of my favorite Skirt Sports patterns. Day ended with a book by the river, which is always glorious.
- Sunday: it’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring. Good day to read, although I do hope to leave the apartment.