I love it when friends are in town. I adore them and we got up to good mischief. But I am so glad for a return to my routine. I am such a creature of habit.
Speaking of habits, I finally broke down and ordered an iPod with blue tooth. The running without music experiment went mostly OK, but I realized during the NYC Half how much it helped. I don’t think I’m going to make it through long runs without music and a refurb was a fine investment in this. Oh, and it’s hot pink. Can’t wait to get it on Monday.
- Monday: the best laid plans to walk to and from work went kaput when I hit snooze and then had a long day clearing out emails from last week.
- Tuesday: run or cross train was the question. The answer was 7+ miles on the bike and I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t influenced by a desire to finish a book I was reading. Linda Fairstein’s Blood Oath was great and my legs appreciated the extra semi-rest day.
- Wednesday: short morning run and PT exercises before a meeting. Walked home to enjoy all the cherry blossoms. A whole lot of steps today
- Thursday: office run group at my best pace since the Achilles flare. I really love being paced because it keeps me from unnecessarily slowing on the hills. First outdoor run with the new shoes and they’re pretty good. Had some numbness in left foot but know that’s lacing related.
- Friday: I was awake unnecessarily early for no good reason, so thought I’d walk to work. And then I walked outside and it was raining. Nope. Can’t be a frizzy drowned rat ahead of meetings. Knew there wouldn’t be steps after due to Yankee tickets, so I walked the stadium as much as I could. And then a pedi to get rid of winter feet. I actually have one monthly year-round, but first of spring is always refreshing. I think she took off a pound of dry skin.
- Saturday: oh how I love trading in hats and gloves for sunscreen. Mid 70s by the time I went out for a short run/blossom exploration. 2.5 miles felt good. Re-laced shoes and they were fine. Also, ridiculous jumpies speak to Gym Girl Ulra’s shorties’ power.
- Sunday: there were vague long run plans. They did not happen. Allergies were brutal and when I finally went out there was an inSANE headwind likely tied to the storm coming in from the north. No thanks. Did a couple miles and some PT stretches. Better than nothing. Now off to have the #SparkJoy conversation with my winter closet.
- Monday: off
- Tuesday: run or cross train
- Wednesday: run or cross train
- Thursday: office run group
- Friday: off?
- Saturday: long run
- Sunday: short run/off